Germicide-resistant Computers and Elitebook by HP to be released in May-June
HP launches Robust Screen Computers
HP unveils a new line of laptops, displays, and all-in-one desktops. Cleaning materials can harm computer screens. The displays used in the new machines will be resistant to these materials.
There are three products which will arrive soon in the market for hospitals. They are
- HP EliteOne 800 Healthcare Edition All-in-One desktop
- 27-inch HP Healthcare Edition Clinical Review Display
- EliteBook 840 Healthcare Edition notebook
While cleaning the laptop you will get an option to disable touchscreen and keyboard. This will ensure that you won’t input anything while cleaning. HP has made the screen so robust that it can withstand the roughness of the cleaning materials. Not using these wipes is not an option. Regular cleaning ensures reduction of the spread of healthcare-related infections.
The other features included for hospital workers are
- The Notebook’s touchpad recognizes touch from people wearing surgical gloves
- These machines have RFID readers so that workers can sign in by tapping their work badges on the touchpad
- The notebook also has a fingerprint reader
HP has security measures in place to address the risk of healthcare records being stolen. Hackers are smart these days so physically isolated security controller is incorporated. It also has a privacy screen. This will ensure that no one can spy on the screen from the side. The Elitebook is expected to hit the market in May while display and desktop will be in the market probably in June.